Survivor returns September 22nd for Season 41. As you know I have never missed an episode in all this time – 540 episodes. I will be back in front of my TV on September 22nd to go on another journey with 16 new contestants.
Hopefully one day, I will be part of the next group of 16 to play the game of Survivor. I have always wanted to be on the show, and have applied numerous times, including recently summitting my application for Seasons 42 / 43.
While I honestly want to go for the adventure, to be pushed out of my comfort zone, and to prove to myself that dreams can come true, I also want to Win the title of Sole Survivor
Over the past 20 years, I would think of what it would be like to win the $1,000,000 prize. I realize that these days, $1,000.000 will not set you up for life, and I am not thinking of retiring any time soon. So while I continue on with my life, here is a list of things I would love to do or buy with the money
1. Go to the Philly Non-Sport Card Show and buy the William Shatner / Leonard Nemoy duel autograph card from the Rittenhouse Star Trek 35th set. I have all of the other autos but this one has always been outside of my budget
2. Along the same line, I would love to purchase the Jackie Earle Haley (Kelly Leak) Panini Autograph card. I have all of the other Bad News Bears auto cards (including the Tatum O’Neil (Ammanda Whurlitzer) card. Would be great to be able to complete this set.
3. My all time favorite band is Marillion, a prog rock band out of England. They had a hit in the 198s with Kayleigh, and have been putting out great albums ever since. Every other year they have Marillion Weekends where they play for 3 nights. I always wanted to attend on of the weekends but unfortunately, they do not have a weekend in the United States (Closest to my would be Montreal, Canada. I would love to take a few friends and attend one of the upcoming weekends, and the money I win on Survivor would help make this a reality.
4. I do need a new car. My 2012 Honda Insight Hybrid is on its last legs. Besides some rust and the paint peeling off, the headlights have condensation inside making them pretty much worthless. I want to get another hybrid, or even a fully electric car, and having some extra money would help with the process.
5. I always thought it would be cool to help people out. I would love to go to a restaurant and tell the owner that I will cover everybody’s meals. I would tell the owner that when people request their bills, let them know its been covered. No need to tell them by who. I would also like to stop when I see one of those giant donation thermometers, and pay of what ever is needed to complete their goal. And I am sure that I would donate some money to groups or charities that I believe in
6. As a big sports fan, I would love to take a trip to see some of the special sporting events for sports like tennis (Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon) (Being from New Jersey, the US Open is close enough that I could go for the day) or Golf (Masters, US Open, British Open, and the PGA Championship). Would be a fun way to see other countries and cities while seeing some great sporting action. Would also like to try and go some more baseball games and see some of the newer stadiums.
7. I just finished reading Andrew McCarthys’ book “Brat: an 80s Story” and really enjoyed it. Always liked him it “St. Elmos Fire“, still one of my favorite movies. Recently he and is some walked the Camino de Santiago – A 500 mile hike month long hike across Spain. There was also a movie called “The Way” about this staring Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez. Since seeing the move I wanted to give this a try, and now following Andrew McCarthy and his son on Facebook, I’m even more inspired to give this a try.
8. I would love to take my wife and daughter on a trip. Wherever they want to go would be fine with me. If they want to go to Universal Studios to see Harry Potter World, or back to Disneyworld for rides and fun, that would work. Or if they want to go to Yellowstone Park for hiking and sightseeing, that would be fine. Or maybe a trip back to California to see family. Would like to be able to go and enjoy ourselves, and not worry about the cost. Not going super upscale or fancy, just a regular trip, but not have to worry about getting that souvenir photo, or 2nd beer to try and save some money
I am sure there are other things I forgot, or need to get once I return as the winner. But these are things I think and dream about and hopefully someday will become reality. Never to old to stop dreaming and believing.